Monday, June 20, 2011

Day One in GNP

Day one in the park and it started off kinda wet, but the sun broke through around lunch and it began to clear up.


With sun came the enchanting shadows of the dark forest trees dripping with morning's rain.  The rivers began to surge with the life of the mountain with snowmelt.


The opaque colored water with it's full force took my breath.  I used to paddle whitewater in the east and this was unreal water.  My heart ran fast, my hands got sweaty and I felt the feelings that I had at rapids where that little voice inside said, "mmmm do I really want to do this or do I want to walk this one?"  The video doesn't do it justice.

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.   




Here is video of McDonald Creek as well.  This rapid is the BEGINNING of Sacred Dancing Cascade

No comments:

Post a Comment